Sunday, December 5, 2010

What a Week

This past week has been crazy! Starting with getting back into town on Sunday, November 28 from traveling to Beaumont, Baytown, and Houston. We hit traffic for about 30 minutes before coming to the College Station exit for Hwy 6. Never came across so many college kids who could not take an exit without riding the rear of the car in front of them, then slamming on the brakes! Being exposed to all kinds of weather and environments led to another sinus infection. This is my second sinus infection in less than 2 months.

Monday I had a headache that continued from Sunday. I just thought it was due to the lack of good rest as a result of traveling and maybe needing to drink some more fluids.

Tuesday I went on a field trip with students from my school and loved it, but it did not love me back. By this time my head felt like it was going to erupt. I took Tylenol and Sudafed hoping it would take care of it, but nothing was working. I was waking as soon as the Tylenol wore off at odd hours in the morning and rest was a dream instead of a reality.

Wednesday it was so horrible all I wanted to do was crawl into a ball and hide in the dark. I had also developed a cough, congestion, and nasty stuff coming out of my nose constantly. So, deciding I could not take it any more, I called my OB and my ENT. My OB instructed me to take some Excedrin Migraine medication and go back on bed rest until the headache went away. They also instructed if it got worse and did not go away that I would need to go to the ER. Needless to say, after my stint with bed rest in October I did not want to repeat this at all! Thankfully I work with some wonderful people and I was able to talk with Sarah and Lindsay, who helped to calm me and reassure me that everything would be okay and that I did not need to worry about work.

Thursday I called back in to my OB we discussed the possibility of a sinus infection and getting me into the ENT. At my appointment with the ENT he confirmed what I suspected, which was another sinus infection : ( He then proceeded to have a conference call with my OB to determine what medications to place me on, because the last sinus infection turned into RSV. So after the appointment I returned home where I waited for Ray to return from his appointment to discover our sink on both sides was full of water and had started leaking in the cabinet below so bad that Ray had to empty it out, lay down multiple towels, and call a plumber to fix the problem.

Friday I was able to go back to work with a head that felt better for the first time in five days! It is amazing how antibiotics really help : ) All went well and I was able to get some much needed work done on my lesson plans and spend some decent quality time with Emma.

Saturday was an adventure all on its own, with me trying to juggle house work, grad school work, errands, and taking care of Emma. All was going well until I answered the door at 10:30. Emma was standing next to me and Reggie ran right under her legs to get to the people outside the door, and Emma fell and hit her head really hard on the brick step leading into the front door. I was so scared; the spot automatically swelled and turned purple and I thought it might burst if you touched it. So I called her Daddy at work had him rush home and call the doctor two different times to determine what needed to happen to take care of the situation. We were informed to keep an eye on her and monitor her every 2 hours to make sure she was not showing signs of needing further medical attention. All is well now, and she is enjoying herself by watching her favorite shows, playing with her toys, and beating up her dog : )

I pray that I am blessed with a smoother week to come and a calm start to the holiday season celebrations.

No comments: