- We were staying with Ray's parents due to our house not selling at a convenient time for us, but God always has a plan. We moved into our own place and as of January 12th every box has been unpacked, pictures have been hung on the walls, and this weekend we hope to finish hanging some curtains : )
- While living in our own place we are getting accustomed to well water... we are using purifiers on the water we drink and have to use a special chemical when washing our whites. So far the adjustment is going well! haha
- The girls started a new day care and are enjoying this new experience. They have made friends, the teachers always have complements for us when we pick them up, and the plus is that Emma is meeting and making friends with the kids she will start kinder with next year. OMG my baby will be 5 and in kinder next year!
- Ray and I have started to make an effort in getting healthier and we are doing really well so far. As we workout here at home the girls get to watch and even participate. We are trying to be a better role model to them and demonstrate the lifestyle we hope they pick up and run with for life : ) One day at a time, One step at a time, we will get healthier and reach our goals.
- We have started the hardcore potty training with Miss Abby Grace. Timer, every 30 minutes, praise, and sing... we still have a ways to go but I hope to have this 100% accomplished by her birthday.
- We have also started to break Abby Grace of her habit of only drinking milk. She would go an entire day without anything if you did not give her milk. Now we are making progress with water. She does not like juice, but will ask for a drink of my light mocha caramel frappuccino from Starbucks.
- I started teaching 8th grade U. S. History, I was teaching 7th grade Texas History last semester. There was a need and I was deemed the right fit for the position and I am doing well so far. I hope by May I can say we Rocked the STAAR!
- I am currently looking into an M.B.A. or other degree in Human Resources... with this degree I would be able to stay in education or move outside of education, which would give me more potential in various areas. But nothing has been decided 100% at this time. But I will say that LSU has my interest at this time.
- I am currently trying to heal from a foot injury that has placed me in a medical shoe since December 27th. I may or may not have injured the foot by accidentally kicking a steel door frame at work while impersonating an individual : )
- I experienced my first History Fair ever! Let me tell you it is like running a marathon and my entire body hurts. Running around a large campus, helping out doing different things, the stress of students getting project done on time, etc... At least it went well, it was a new experience, and I know a little bit more of what to expect next time.
Friday, January 31, 2014
This month we have gone on many new journey's both personally and professionally.
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
|Abby working on her scooter that Memaw bought her for Christmas.|
Abby is our tinker! She loves to fiddle with stuff, take stuff apart and put stuff together. She is growing quickly. Abby is currently in a size 5 and she will turn 3 in 4 months! She is very outgoing and loves to perform for anyone who will give her a couple of minutes. She really enjoys singing and her favorite song right now is Jingle Bells. Abby likes to do "homework" with her sister and we use flash cards with both girls often. Abby is still have difficulty sleeping through the night - she wakes up every two hours (when sick) other nights she wakes up 2 to 3 times. We are still working on potty training and we are making progress. Abby is a big defender of big sister and shows her love constantly. We encourage the sister bond every chance we can.
|Emma playing with her toy dog that Cesily and Jason Peeples bought her when she was one.|
|Emma showing off her necklace that she made at school.|
Emma is doing very well and I can't believe that she will be 5 in 6 months! She is growing in leaps and bounds. She has hit a bit of a growth spurt and is in a size 6x - 7 (more 7 really) due to her height. Emma loves to be outside playing, she asks to go to the park all the time. We recently moved and she now has a driveway to ride her bike, scooter, and we have half an acre for her to drive her jeep. So we plan on many days of outside play as soon as the weather warms up a bit. Emma is enjoying her school and even asks to do homework! Love this and hope the trend continues throughout her educational career.
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
|Birthday well wishes left on Brandie's door by her former 7th graders|
|Flowers delivered from her girls. I also brought her a special lunch delivery.|
|After eating the King Ranch Chicken I made her, she got a homemade chocolate cake.|
|Emma and Abby helped her blow out the candles|
|Emma was being sweet and offered to help Momma open her gifts|
|Emma and Abby gave her a robe and slippers, while Nana and Poppa gave her a spa certificate|
|I got her a Kindle Fire HDX|