- On the first day of school the admin purchased donuts, juice, and coffee for everyone.
- On the second day back district admin sent us a huge sheet cake to celebrate the back to school.
- On the third day there were bowls filled with treats for us left in each of the work rooms.
- On the fourth day there was bowls of apples.
- On the fifth day we were given the treat to wear jeans on the Tuesday we return from our three day weekend!
Other things that I am truly enjoying about my new job:
- I have already recieved a 3% raise.
- I was paid $100.00 a day for new teacher training, for those who are wondering not many districts pay their teachers to attend new teacher training.
- My class sizes are not over 30 so far...
- I am teaching Regular and Pre/AP, I do not have to be a part of a "special program" to teach GT students.
- I am enjoying working for a district that takes Social Studies seriously at all grade levels.
- All 6th and 7th grade social studies classrooms will get laptops to use in their classes all year.
Post a Comment